It’s happened again. Caught it in time, this time, but still …
In case you were wondering why “Decimation Damnation” didn’t come out on or about Midsummer’s Day 2016, check this out.
<<== A year and a half ago Ricardo Sandoval produced a print cover for Helios on the Moon. It passed the 300% overall coverage test on Acrobat.
==>> Times change. It wouldn’t today because the POD company I use now requires covers must first pass a 240% overall coverage test.
As per here, I had to abandon my first choice print cover for DecDam. Then my craftily reworked second choice <<== did not pass the Acrobat test at 240% total overall coverage.
Small conciliation, it would not have passed the 2014 test either. ==>>
<<== So I tried out the cover I initially intended for the follow-up entry in the as yet open-ended saga of Wilderwitch’s Babies.
(Likely title, in case you were wondering, “Destination Damnation”)
It was only marginally better. ==>>
Here’s the requirement:
“When the Output Preview window is open you can move your cursor over the PDF and view the CMYK values in your file.
“This is a good time to verify that the barcode used is 100% black only and that your cover does not have large areas of color that exceed 240% Total Area Coverage.
“If concerned about excessive color density you can select the box at the bottom of the window labeled “Total Area Coverage”, select a maximum limit and all offending areas will be highlighted.”
Concerned I was; concerned I still am. But I’m submitting Revision 4 anyhow. Stay tuned. If gasket blows, well, at least I’ve got comparatively affordable medical insurance.